Through a unique partnership PET CSI® Forensic Laboratory is proud to be the first accredited crime lab dedicated to animal DNA profiling under the ASCLD/LAB-International program. We are also the only domestic animal DNA testing laboratory to be accredited by the Texas Department of Public Safety. Accreditation assures our clients that we are committed to a rigorous quality program that promotes acceptance of our test results.
As part of one of the largest animal DNA testing laboratories in the world, PET CSI® Forensic partners provides forensic DNA testing services to federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies as well as to the general public.
Animals can be the Victim
• Animal cruelty
• Identifying a pet alive or deceased
• Theft of an animal
Animals can be the Perpetrator
• Identification of an animal involved in an attack on a person or other animal
• Identification of an unrestrained animal causing an accident
• Identification of an animal responsible for property damage
Animals can be the Witness
• Animal DNA can link a suspect with a crime scene or victim. Transfer of DNA from hair, saliva, blood, urine, or feces can occur during the commission of a crime—from the victim's pet to the suspect or crime scene, and from the suspect's pet to the victim or crime scene.